Our Guarding Division’s success entails recruiting the right person for the job.
It is therefore imperative that each of our guarding officers be matched to the client’s requirements and expectations and we encourage our clients to become involved in the final staff selection process in order to enhance our service.
- The Company and its Directors are registered members of the Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA).
- We comply with all PSIRA regulations and all regulations as stipulated in the Sectoral Determination.
Recruitment And Training
All guarding officers are, as a condition of employment, fully conversant with and must abide by the regulations as set out by the Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority for guards.
Accordingly, all guarding officers posted at a site will have the following minimum standards:
- Have no criminal records (schedule one offence)
- Have been graded by PSIRA in conjunction with an accredited training establishment.
- Have been subjected to a comprehensive screening process.
- Have been subjected to the Suiderkruis Internal training program.
All our guarding staff undergoes the necessary training for registration with PSIRA and over and above this we provide a three day On The Job Training program which is site specific and entails the following:
- Role and responsibilities of a security officer
- Access Control
- Security and Emergency Systems
- Fire Awareness
- Health and Safety
- The Law
- Customer Care and Social Skills
- Communications and Reporting
Suiderkruis aspires to a Total Quality Management (TQM) approach where interalia all new guarding staff receive induction on site, which forms part of our quality management system (QMS)